About the Event
How do we define a digital object? What do we collect and how? What should we collect and why?
National Museums Scotland are hosting a one-day symposium exploring digital collecting in museums. Speakers from the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, Science Museum Group, V&A and other museums and universities will discuss good practice and opportunities in collecting born-digital objects. Topics will range from photography to video games, social media to digital-physical hybrid objects.
• Sherri Berger and Leigh Gialanella, Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History
• Geoff Belknapp and Jack Kirby, Science Museum Group
• Corinna Gardner and Natalie Kane, V&A
• Foteini Aravani, Museum of London
• Professor Sarah Cook, University of GlasgowRegister online